If you comment on this blog you have the option to allow a link appear with your comment that points back to your latest blog post. This could lead to additional traffic to your blog. As readers of the World Class Poetry Blog browse the comments they will come across your remarks and have the ability to visit your blog through mine. This is an option, not a requirement. The link will appear automatically unless you opt out. All you have to do to opt out is uncheck the box next to where it says “Enable CommentLuv which will try and parse your last blog post, please be patient while it finds it for you” under the comment box in which you enter your comments.
What World Class Poetry Is Asking You To Do
In order to maintain fairness to all commentators and to facilitate intelligent discussion regarding poetics in the 21st century, we’ve instituted the following comment policy, which we will adhere to strictly. Please follow these guidelines when leaving comments on the World Class Poetry Blog.
- Keep comments on topic – Comments that are not related to the blog post you are commenting on will be deleted.
- No anonymous comments - Sorry, we don’t allow anonymous comments. If you have a nickname that you use on your blog, then feel free to use it in your comments, but it should match the branding on your blog. Changing your name to a nickname because you want to post a comment anonymously is not accepted and those comments will be deleted.
- Branded comments not allowed - You can comment using your real name, a nickname, or a pen name. But please do not comment in the name of your blog.
- External linking – External links are acceptable if they provide real value to the blog post you are commenting on. Linking to your own blog or website within your comment isn’t necessary because you are asked to input your URL and your name will link to your website when your comment appears. But we do understand that sometimes a particular blog post is helpful to the discussion. Feel free to link to it if you think it will help, even if it’s on your own blog. Links for the sake of links are frowned upon and your comment will deleted or the link will be edited out.
- Profanity – Some people are offended by strong language. We’re not. We sometimes get a little loose on this blog. Make your comments relevant, engaging, and intelligent and we’ll be happy. Profanity for the sake of profanity might see your comment edited or deleted.
- Personal attacks – Personal attacks will not be tolerated. Heated debate is encouraged, but don’t get personal. Comments of a personal nature that attack an individual’s character will be deleted and the commentator may be banned at WCP’s discretion.
- Gaming the system – Spam will not be tolerated. All comments that look like spam and act like spam will be treated as spam and be instantly deleted. WCP may reward top commentators and other participants. If it looks like you are using these reward systems to increase your own stature, then we reserve the right to implement measures to regulate and control that. That may include comment deletion or editing, exclusion or reduction within the community, or whatever WCP deems appropriate for the situation.
- Publisher’s right – We want to encourage more comments. We like well-thought-out comments and heated discussion. But WCP reserves the right to edit or delete comments at any time. The idea is to facilitate intelligent discussion regarding poetics and as long as everyone is using the comment system to that end, then all will be well. Oh, and we also reserve the right to amend this policy at any time.